Feline pet owners across the nation are beginning to delve into the various benefits of CBD oil for cats. With thirty-six million cat owners in the U.S., it’s no wonder the CBD oil market continues to expand into pet shops, veterinarian offices, and grooming facilities.
Why Use CBD for Cats?
While no scientific research has been completed (as of this writing, according to PetMD.com) specifically related to the use of CBD oil for cats, many owners have reported success using CBD oil for their cat’s seizures, stress, nausea, arthritis, chronic pain, and more. Cat owners feel that CBD interacts with the ECS (endocannabinoid system) in a cat’s body in similar ways that it helps the human ECS.
Cat owners have found CBD oil to be useful for:
- Calming stress before a trip to the vet
- Separation anxiety
- Pain due to arthritis or old age
- Lack of appetite
- Situational stress or anxiety, such as moving, travel, introducing a new pet or family member
- Symptoms associated with cancer
Some holistic veterinarians have recommended CBD oil for cats with pancreatitis, asthma, nerve-related pain, intestinal inflammation, and to improve the cat’s coat and skin.
How to Shop for CBD Oil for Cats
When deciding what kind of CBD oil is right for your pet, keep the following in mind:
- Pure. Some CBD oils have other ingredients added to the product, which can lower cost while diluting the strength and quality of the tincture. An oil that says “CBD-infused” is not pure, and will contain other carrier oils and additives. Choose only a pure CBD oil like NuLeaf Naturals, which contains only one ingredient: CBD!
- Organic. Buying organic is always the best choice for sustainability because pesticides used in non-organic growing can:
- kill off natural fertilizing microbes in the soil
- lead to new superbugs
- destroy pollinators that are essential to the health of our ecosystems
- introduce more toxins into our oceans
- Quality and Purity Tested. Until the U.S. FDA implements specific requirements for marketing and packaging of CBD oil, buyers must do their own due diligence to ensure the quality and purity of what they’re buying. NuLeaf Naturals conducts extensive third-party testing to ensure quality and purity, and that NuLeaf CBD is lab-verified free from pesticides, heavy metals, mycotoxins, herbicides, mold, and fungi.
- Choose CBD Oil Liquid. The most effective way to administer the desired amount of CBD oil to your cat is by using liquid and measuring the drops given.
According to Dr. Gary Richter (owner and medical director of Montclair Veterinary Hospital in Oakland, California), “Pet owners looking to give their animals CBD oil should do their due diligence….people should be sure that they product they’re buying has been laboratory tested for both content, a well as contaminants like bacteria, fungus, and heavy metals.”
How to Give Your Cat CBD Oil
When using a pure CBD oil such as that from NuLeaf Naturals, start with just one or two drops daily and then observe your kitty to see what changes you notice, so you can adjust dosing from there. You can administer the drops orally or add it to your cat’s favorite wet food.
Click here to learn more about NuLeaf Naturals’ rigorous quality processes and to order CBD oil for your cat today.